I made this directory to improve discovery of services that offer a price keeping in view the principle of Purchasing Power Parity.
This website along with its data is open-source. I welcome contributions - please open a pull request on the repository and I will take a look as soon as I can.
- The base country would be one where the company of the service is headquartered.
- Please use the currency symbol directly for now. You can help me figure out a way to translate three-letter currency codes to their respective symbols by creating a pull request.
- Do not use the promotional price in any country. Please stick to the full price. Promotions are time-based and will only make this data unreliable.
- Similarly, we do not compare against student or family pricing.
- Do not misuse regional pricing. For those of us it benefits immensely, we are very thankful and would like for companies to keep their regional pricing available. We would also like more companies to step away from a pricing that only target the richer countries of the world and make their services accessible to the rest of us in a pocket-friendly manner.
I am not responsible for any misuse. I encourage everyone to pay in their local currency.
Businesses have a fine line to keep between profits and regional accessibility. Persistent misuse could lead businesses to withdraw local pricing purely for reasons of sustainability.I do not want that, and I hope you don't either.
Let's be responsible, and let's reward these businesses/companies/brands by using them over competitors who do not have a local pricing, whenever possible. Let's show them it works! 🙂